This has been a great week. There isn't really a whole lot to report, but I feel like we've been super busy. It's hard to explain, and I didn't understand how that was possible at first, but it is. Weird, eh?
But! I have more things to tell you about! So let's get to it, shall we?
· Dart: This past weekend, the Elders had a baptism! His name is Dart and he is awesome! He's been coming to church for over a year, and he just finished reading the entire Book of Mormon! He's really smart, and he has a great understanding of the gospel. I'm just so grateful that I was able to witness this great moment in which he took this step of faith! Good things lie in store for Dart, and I'm so excited for him!
· Companionship: I still love my companions. Next week is transfers and I'm really sad. I don't want to lose either of my companions! Sure, it hasn't always been smooth sailing, but I love them so much! They are such wonderful sisters and they are solid missionaries. I have learned so much from their examples and I think we've all grown a lot this transfer. I just wish I could have been their perfect companion. There was so much I could have done better.
· Relief Society: This past Sunday, my companions and I taught the lesson in Relief Society! It was so much fun! And I've heard good things in response :) Yay! ('Twas my first time teaching in RS) But we taught about the importance of member missionary work (big surprise, eh?) and then gave them a list of 129 ways to do member missionary work! The sisters seemed to like that. We also had them come up with a personal mission plan! As we've talked to some of the sisters about it, they have seemed to really take the idea, or plan, to heart. I love it! This is such a great ward!!
· Trainer stuff: This past week of trainer stuff has been crazy! Last Friday (8.23.13) I was in meetings for transfers and such until 5!! It was crazy! We had little breaks in there, but it was a loooong meeting. It was super good though! It's fun to see exactly how Heavenly Father has His hand in transfers and how He puts companionship's together. It is just so cool! I'm humbled that I get to be a part of this :)
· More visitors!: Also back on Friday, the Landers came to see me! AH! It was so fun to see them! It was like seeing my family! I heard the phone call that someone needed to pick up a family at the metro station, but I didn't know it was them! Then I went outside to gather another trainer so we could start the last of our meetings, and they walked up! It was the perfect sanity break :) I love them so much! Thank you for coming to see me!!
|Amy Landers with Sister Bullock|
· ZOO: Yesterday, we went to the Smithsonian Zoo! Oh my goodness it was so fun! :) Zoo's do something weird to me. I turn into a little kid again. Highlights: I held elephant poop, I saw a panda (more than just his butt!), and I fell in love with a giant Anaconda! It was seriously huge! It took up the whole back corner, and then some, of the huge case he was in! Ah! I love snakes :) But yeah, I can cross the Zoo off of my mission bucket list! Yay!
|Sister Bullock at the Smithsonian Zoo Aug 2013|
· List: So we have received an assignment from the ward to go and try to find /talk to some people in the ward hat they don't really know... So we've been doing a lot of that! And it's so fun! A) It gives us something to do other than stand on a street corner, and B) People are mostly awesome. I have been able to sit down with some really cool people and chat with them about their lives. I love it :) I love being a missionary.
· Blog!: My blog is reaching a bigger audience than I ever thought it would! I was told by a very kind man in the Visitors' Center yesterday that he's been reading my blog and really enjoys it! It's cool and fun, but kinda funny to think that people actually read it :) So thanks for reading it, I guess! I just hope that I can be a source of good and a source of inspiration. If there is one thing I hope to achieve as a missionary, it would be to bring people closer to Heavenly father and Jesus Christ. I know they live, and they love us so much. Today, a fellow sister and I were talking about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and I realized just how much it really means. Just how much the Atonement covers! It is truly amazing! Watch this , it always helps me. I am humbled by and full of gratitude for my Saviors sacrifice for me. I'm so happy that I can be a force for good as a missionary! MISSION LIFE FOREVER!
I love my life right now. As Elder Burnham (one of the Senior Elders serving in the Visitors Center) says, "I'm great, but I'll get better!" Seriously. I feel like it can't get any better, and then it does! I love, love, love being a missionary! (Can you tell?) I love and miss each one of you! Thank you for your love and support! You mean such a great deal to me! Stay strong in the gospel and always turn to the Lord. He can be your best friend if you let Him be.
I'll see you all way too soon!
Love, Sister Bullock