Well, hello there!
How has it been another week?? Time is flying way too fast! I kinda want this transfer to last forever :) I love my companion, the work, the ward, and the area so much! AH! But, I guess I can’t have everything, eh? List time!
· Year: I officially hit my year mark! It was fun! I was in a meeting from 9-5, then on shift at the Visitors Center! But the meeting was really fun! Then that night, I burned a shirt! I just grabbed it from the closet of unwanted clothing in the Visitors Center… Mostly because I couldn't bring myself to burn any of my own shirts… But yeah. Twas fun. You'll (maybe) see the video when I send my SD cards home... (sorry it has taken so long!)
· Big announcement: So the big meeting on my year mark was to tell us that we are now an online proselyting mission! What? It's weird... I don't like it yet. But maybe with time it will get better. You know, like when I actually start teaching people through facebook instead of just seeing that everyone and their dog got married in the past year. (Weird.)
· Nats game: Again, was a great time! We won this time! that was cool! And it was cold, but we had to be in skirts and couldn't wear hoodies... So I brought a blanket instead. I was a very large, flowered mass sitting in the stands, but at least I was warm! :)
· Package: Thanks, mom and dad, for the package! It was so fun! I stayed up way too late and ate way too much candy because of it, but it was great! I especially love the new skirt! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
· Trainers curse: It's real. I didn't think it was real. But it's real. The trainers curse is when a trainer is never in her area, but is always in the Visitors Center! This week, I have 5 shifts! 5! It's crazy. I LOVE the Visitors Center, but I also love my area! I need a little bit more balance!
· Gross: So this one is gross. I had a mole that Sister Cooke wanted to have checked out. So I had an appointment on Tuesday. Sunday, the mole turned grey, and got a dark spot. Then! Monday, it fell off! It just fell off! It was weird. So Sister J had me put it in a baggy and take it to the doctors (she wouldn't let me cancel my appointment). It might have just been a weird blood vessel thing, but they sent it to the lab just to be sure. And then they sent me home with samples to make my face less oily and bumpy :) Yay! I love the dermatologist!
· Ward retreat: On Sunday, our ward was still at the ward retreat so we didn't have a ward! So we just jumped into the Chevy Chase ward. Which was fine... It just felt weird to not have any pressing responsibility at church. It felt like I was just a normal member sitting in church! I'm not used to that anymore...
· Mall run: Today, I ran from the Capitol building to the Lincoln memorial! It was so fun! We ran it with Sister Cooke and the other Sisters. They ran back to the capitol, but Sister J and I bailed early to go get food. We were starving! But it was fun. My mission is the coolest ever.
· Mission life: So at the beginning of this transfer, they gave all of the missionaries a booklet called "Adjusting to Missionary Life". My first thought was (prideful), "I don't need this! I've been a missionary for a year!" But Heavenly Father proved me wrong. Sister J and I have been studying it together every morning (that we have study time) and there is actually some pretty good stuff in there :) I like it. Mission life forever!!
· Temple: Last Friday we went to the temple and absolutely LOVED it. :) Good stuff there!
· District: We have the best district this transfer! The Elders are hilarious, diligent and good Elders. And the Sisters (yep, we're not alone anymore) are super awesome, too! The funny part is, most of us are "mission leaders" out of the 10 of us, 5 are leaders. Funny, eh?
· Story: Yesterday, I had a Sister request that I write down my conversion story for her. It was kinda fun, and good to write it down for her. And it's something I think everyone should do. Whether you're like me and grew up in the church, or you're a convert, we all have a story to tell. We've been focusing on family history work a lot lately, and what better story than your conversion to pass to your posterity! Super cool. Give it a try!
· Shooting: I heard about the Navy Yard shooting :( I don't know much about it except that it happened. It's so sad! The families affected by this terrible tragedy are in my prayer. Please keep them in yours also.
Okay, I should stop writing and get to the other things I have to do today. BUT! I just want you to know how much I love this gospel! I love it with all my heart and soul! It mean everything to me. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to be missionary! Thank you for all your love and support and such :) I'll be home before you know it! (Doctrine and Covenants 88:73 has been thrown around a lot this week. I can't get it out of my head.)
LOVE YOU!Love, Sister Bullock