Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sister Bullock is on Facebook! Letter dated September 25, 2013

Sept 25, 2013
Well, hello again everybody! It’s been another week out here in our nations beautiful capitol! I sure do love it our here! Sadly, I forgot to bring my planner to email… Therefore, I do not have the list of things I wanted to share with you, so I will just have to do my best at remembering. (Which usually isn't very good... But we'll see.)
·  Facebook: I have been getting a ton of questions about facebook! So let me try to answer a few of those really fast. The purpose of facebook for a missionary is to share the gospel. Whether it's through Mormon Messages, I'm A Mormon profiles, awesome quotes, or whatever, that's what it is meant for. It's supposed to be a finding tool as well. I'm there so I can answer questions and have great conversations with people about gospel related things. My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ, so hopefully I can do that through the internet. Now, that being said, I probably won't message you back if you are family, or a strong member of the Church (unless you have a friend you want me to teach). I'm sorry! I would really love to talk to you all, but I'll just have to wait to do that for another 4 1/2 ish months. But please remember, if I don't message you back or I hide a comment from my timeline, I still love you! :)
·  John Jackson: Once upon a time, there was a budding musician named Jack Johnson that my sister loved! So she asked my dad to find some stuff from him on the internet so she could put it on her iPod. Well, after some time, a very frustrated daddy came back and said, "I can't find anyone by the name of John Jackson! He doesn't exist!" Well, Dad, I found him. He lives here in DC :)
·  Day To Serve: It was awesome! I don't remember if I've written about this or not already... But it was awesome. Lots of people, lots of food, lots of service! It was so great! I took a few pictures that should be coming your way soon!
·  Sister Jorgensen: I love her so much! she keeps my working hard and she keeps me happy! We were able to find a balance of fun and work together this transfer and I love it so much! I'm so happy that she is my companion! We have seen so many miracles together this week! from finding a parking spot in NW DC, to getting new investigators (2 new investigators!! Both super sweet girls!), and many other things in between! I love the work, and I love working with her! Mission life forever!
·  Family History: So, last transfer, we had the brilliant idea to do a Family History Booth. Basically just a table with a big (awesome) poster and lots of flyers about family history work... All of that would just be an excuse to talk to people on the street. It was a great idea! But then we realized that we don't know anything about family history work. So this past Sunday, we (the Elders in the ward and us) went to the family history center and learned a few things! Really, I just learned that there is a lot of work to still be done! Large chunks of history that I thought were there, just weren't. I have some holes to start filling, I think! And I'm excited for it! I never thought I'd get into family history work, but here I am! Maybe you should try it out, too! Try FamilySearch.org. It's free ;) And maybe you'll have some fun like I did!
·  Brazilian: Ever since Sister J has become my companions, I have met so many Brazilians! And I love them all! They are such nice people! And I love the way they talk! Have you ever heard a Brazilian talk? It's beautiful! So the other night, a little Brazilian man came into the VC, and after my compa told me about her conversation with him, I really wanted to talk to him! He had been a Portuguese teacher in the MTC in Brazil! Super cool! So I went out and talked to him for a while about how awesome Sister J is, and then I casually mentioned how I'm secretly hoping she never leaves (becasue I love her!), and he stops, looks at me with this look of shock and (practically) yells, "It's you! YOU are keeping her here! That is so sad! Let her go! Stop praying for her to stay! She needs to go to Brazil! It's so sad that she is here! It's you, it's you, it's you! Stop it!" i couldn't help but laugh! It was just too funny :) I love Brazilians!
·  Best contact ever: So we all know I'm super strange, right? Okay, good. Well, the other night, Sister J and I were driving home from the Barlow Center and we passed a Smash Burger. She's never been to Smash Burger, so I started joking with her that they literally smash your burger before you get it. This may or may not have included a pantomime of me smashing something with a hammer. Aaaand that may or may not have been seen by the cab driver next to us. And he most definitely started laughing at me. Which of course made us laugh. So then Sister J rolled the window down and invited him to the Visitors Center!
·   Winter: It's coming. I don't like it. It's getting coooolder! But, at the same time! It means that Festival is coming! Yay!! I'm so excited for Festival!
·  Life goal: "One of my life goals is to hail a capsi. (...) No." -Sister J. She meant to say "taxi", but said "capsi"... And didn't immediately realize that was wrong. this is why I love her :)
·  Free drink: We know how to get a free drink at Subway! Just tell your cashier this joke (if they are having a bad day!): Why did the  cookie go to the doctor? (Because he was feeling crumb-y) Ha! It works, trust me.
Okay, that's all I can remember.  I hope you enjoyed that! I love and miss you all! Thank you for all your love and support and such over the past year! Be safe, happy, and healthy! Don't forget to say your prayers! Heavenly Father wants to hear from you! LOVE YOU!

Love, Sister Bullock


Sister Bullock with a new member


No comments:

Post a Comment