Sunday, August 25, 2013

Letter Dated Aug 21, 2013



Well hi there!
Another great week out here in DC! I love it out here!! Seriously, the weeks go by WAY too fast! But, life it great! I have another list for you this week! Let's get into it, shall we? :) Again, They are in no particular order. Just however my brain works...
·   Old: I feel like I say this every email now, but I feel OLD. But, at the same time, my spirit is the most alive it has ever been! I love that so much! Let's just hope my body and mind can keep up with my spirit and all of its growing!
·   Transfers: So, part of what is making me old is transfers. Not only is this the end of my 8th transfer, but I also have to help with transfers as the Area Trainer. So much of this week was spent with a pencil and paper and a headache. But, the other trainers and I were able to come up with a pretty good sketch of what we think would be good transfers for the sisters this time. Let's just hope it doesn't get completely changed when we meet with the AP's on Friday ;)
·   Who is man's best friend?: Yep. Dogs. I LOVE dogs. Being away from my dog has made me love dogs even more (I miss Juice!). So basically, I run to every dog I see! So this one time, I run over to this super sweet mutt and start talking to her owner. Turns out he's looking for someone to walk this dog after his back surgery! And he asked us because we were church people. After we explained that we're missionaries, he said he'd love to take the lessons! Those missionaries are lucky, lucky kids. They get an awesome guy to teach, and a sweet dog top play with! (Side note: Also that day, I saw the most beautiful pure bred Great Dane! it was SOO cute! I want one :P)
·   Jocelyn: My heart is missing a chunk! Dear, sweet Jocelyn is on her way back to Idaho. I miss her terribly! She has been such a great example and an awesome friend! Good news is she'll be in Idaho... When I get back to Idaho. YAY!
·   Jordan: Oh, Jordan. He's quite the trip :) BUT! Guess what he's seriously considering?? That's right, a mission!!! Ah! I'm so proud of him! He would make such a fantastic missionary! The spirit is so powerful when he testifies! And he has a great story :) Pray for him while he makes this big decision, please :)
·   Exchanges: So... Exchanges are always fun. Especially when you get lost and leave your mission. Yep. That happened. I was on exchange with Sister Sottili, and we got lost on I-495 (yes, I know it's just a loop. We missed our exit). When I saw a sign for Dulles Airport, I knew we weren't anywhere close to where we needed to be. Oops. What's life without a little adventure, right? :)
·   Gremlins and helium: So, we all know I'm weird right? Well, as you would expect, so are my children. Sister Jorgensen also has a funny voice which she talks in quite often... Hers is the gremlin voice. Maybe I'll record it sometime so you can hear it. It's hilarious. Mine is the helium voice. It's fun. Then! When you put the 2 together, it's even better :) This is the source of much of our daily laughter.
·   Shoes: I bought 2 left feet last week. 
·   Best friend: There is a tradition in my ward where at the end of sacrament meeting, all the new people have to stand up and introduce themselves to the entire congregation (it helps when there are non-members at church!). But this past Sunday, a guy stood up and introduced himself as Danny Schneider from Idaho. I just about laughed out loud! Jess, I think I have seen what Danny will look like in 10-15 years. :) If my camera hadn't been dead, I would have a picture for you.
·   Dutch: Dutch is hard. Sister Croese tries to teach us sometimes. Well, not really. She actually just has us repeat her, then she laughs at our miserable failure. 'Tis fun. But sometimes, we'll learn a word, then just replace it with the closest English word. Names are not excluded from this practice. Short story long, her boyfriends name is Jeroen, and that has been replaced with Raccoon. :)
·   Dan Gentry: Okay, let's go back to the days of Bowie now. At the end of my first transfer there, we started teaching a part member family, the Gentry's. Well, Brother Gentry is getting baptized on Saturday!!! I'm so excited for him! He is completely different from what I knew while I was teaching him (I saw him back on Sunday). the gospel is a gospel of transformation! (I didn't get to go to Little John's baptism, so I probably won't be able to see Dan's either. Sad.)
·   Kim and Gaffz: So our new investigators haven't done much investigating yet. It's kind of like they're terrified of us. Every time we try to set something up, Kim replies with, "AHHHHHHHHHH", and then communication from there is useless. But, we keep praying something will happen soon.
·   Scriptures: I made a note to write about Alma 26: 35-37. But I don't really remember why... So how about this. You read those between now and next Wednesday, and tell me what you think about those, eh? Okay, good deal!
Alma 26:35-37:
35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all apowerball wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is acmerciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.
 36 Now if this is aboasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a bbranch of the tree of Israel, and has been clost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us,dwanderers in a strange land.
 37 Now my brethren, we see that God is amindful of everybpeople, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.
I think that's all I have for this week. Just know that I love the work, and I know the church is true. And, the Lord definitely takes care of his missionaries! Thank you so much for your love and support and prayers! I love you all!

Love, Sister Bullock
 
Sister Jorgensen and Sister Bullock sing in Aug 2013
Julie Sieron saw Kelsey at the VC this weekend!
Our Bishop's wife, Amy Landers, visited the Visitors' Center on Friday Aug 23rd!


There is a video of Kelsey on the Washington DC Visitors' Center facebook doing the hula! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4621026463644&set=vb.228255190518950&type=2&theater

No comments:

Post a Comment