Sunday, June 30, 2013

Good-bye to the Matsumori's

Hello!!
What a week! It's been a good one for sure! We went from 0 investigators to 3!!! That's quite a miracle (well, for me it is...) And it was fun to watch Sister Croese light up each time we met them!
So first there was Marco! He's from Honduras, and he's been in DC for 7 years. He really wanted to hear what we had to say! And we were able to teach him yesterday! It went well... But I'm not sure how much he really understood. His English is good... Just not enough to assure me that he understands everything. So we passed him to the Spanish Elders in our district! They were so excited! Marco is golden! He just needs to be able to understand what it is he's learning. :)
So that brings us down to 2 new investigators, but it's still cool! These are friends of a member in our ward. They're all in a psychology program together at one of the Universities up here. Jeweleon and Antuan. They're super awesome guys! Our first meeting, they mostly wanted to get into some deep doctrine, but Sister Croese and I were still able to invite the spirit :) It was a good meeting overall and both of these fine gentleman agreed to take the lessons. When we committed them to read the Book of Mormon, they committed us to read the Bible! Haha, so we are. Sister Croese and I read the Bible every morning. It's really interesting. I'm in Genesis 34ish? I'm reading the story where Joseph is sold into Egypt. He just fled from Potiphars wife... So whatever that chapter is. We've been keeping our commitment, so hopefully they are keeping theirs (that's totally how it works right? Ha.)
So what did you think of those announcements on Sunday? Missionaries get to use Facebook now? What? That's weird. I'm not sure really how that works, but I'm sure we'll get details and instruction when our mission is permitted to start using the internet. We haven't been given the green light yet... Maybe that will come with the new Mission President? We'll see. Speaking of which, he comes out here really soon... He officially starts on Monday, and I get to meet him (and hopefully his wife and kids) on Tuesday! I'm excited. It's really weird to think the Matsumoris are leaving though! The mission won't be the same without them, but I'm sure the change will be good somehow, too? Missions are weird. Everything is always positive! (It's kind of freaky haha)

Sister Bullock hugging President Matsumori goodbye
. 
I really love my mission. I love being out here and meeting people. i love how the gospel can help all of us- No matter our age, circumstances, past life, or whatever. The gospel of Jesus Christ will lift and heal us all. I'm so grateful for our Saviors Atonement. I'm grateful that I have a knowledge of God's Plan for us His children. And I'm so very grateful for this opportunity I have to share this wonderful message with my brothers and sisters here in DC. The mission is the best :)
One more story :) It's short and cheesy, but I thought I'd share it anyway! A couple weeks ago, our District Leader handed us pieces of his cut up dress shirts (we was about to go home) and read us the story of Moroni and the title of Liberty, then he had us make our own Title (what is it that will inspire us to keep going when the mission gets hard) so mine is hanging on my wall with my collection of pictures now :) It says Family: Past. Present. Future. Isn't that what this gospel is about- Family?
 I love you all! thank you for everything you do! "Shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage." Doctrine and Covenants 128:22

22 "Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. aCourage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad. Let the earth break forth into bsinging. Let the cdead speak forth anthems of eternal praise to the dKing Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to eredeem them out of their fprison; for the prisoners shall go free."


Love, Sister Bullock

No comments:

Post a Comment