Sunday, July 7, 2013

Happy 4th of July!







Happy Canada day/ 4th of July week!!!
I can't believe I'm in the capital for the 4th! This is a dream come true!! Have I died and gone to Heaven? Some body pinch my, quick! :)
I'm really excited for the 4th! (If you couldn't tell) And it's Sister Croese's first experience with the 4th! It'll be so fun! We'll spend most of the day tomorrow downtown. It's an all day p-day, so we can take our time :) YAY (today-Wednesday-is not p-day, but because nothing will be open tomorrow, they gave us permission to email today!) So we'll go down there and play with the Sisters (and hopefully not pass out from the heat) and then we'll go to the ward bbq, get the rest of our p-day stuff done and then go to the Burnhams (a senior VC couple) apartment to watch the fireworks. yeah, President Cooke said no mall after 6, but he gave us an extended curfew so we could see the show, so I'm happy :) Tomorrow will be a great day! I hope everyone stays safe (you better!)

Fireworks Over The National Mall

Our week has been great! We have had a lot of fun! We found a few potential investigators so hopefully they will start progressing :) Jocelyn and Jordan went to the temple to do baptisms  last Thursday and they both LOVED it! We were so happy and so proud of them! They're both doing well and progressing! They are soaking up the gospel like sponges! :) 

Sister Croese is so great! I love her so much! I really think she came pre-trained and that she was meant to train me! I've learned to just follow all her promptings or ideas, because they usually lead to miracles or learning experiences! Yay! And she's so funny :) We are constantly laughing! There isn't a day that goes by that we don't laugh together! She's so wonderful :) Heavenly Father has been so kind to me in the way of companions! 

Training is so much fun! Sometimes, it doesn't even feel like work. The best part of training is of course my awesome companion! And getting a fresh view of the work through her! The worst part of training... Is there any bad point? I don't know! Maybe it's the fact that I have to correct things sometimes? But that rarely (if ever) happens! I love being a missionary!!

We met President and Sister Cooke (along with Joe and Elizabeth) yesterday! They are such wonderful people! I can just tell that they will be perfect for the mission! I can see already how much President Cooke will really become like the father of our mission :) He's so kind and loving! It'll be really fun to serve with them! Heavenly Father definitely knows what He is doing! :) (Side note: the Walkenhorsts area officially serving in OK now! I wonder how they are doing!)

OH! I forgot to include this funny little fact for you last week :) We discovered a new voice on my GPS. His name is Dave. He is HILARIOUS! He'll give us directions with snide comments or funny remarks, or even songs sometimes! He's the best and we love him so much :) the best way to get around downtown DC without going nuts is to bring Dave with you :) And he gives you a good excuse to just laugh and relax for a second!

Well, time is up. Thank you all so much for everything :) I love you and I miss you all! I know the Lord is with us, and all we need is to rely on Him :) (2 Nephi 4:34)

2Nephi 4:34
34 O Lord, I have atrusted in thee, and I will btrust in thee forever. I will not put my ctrust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his dtrust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.

LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU!
Love, Sister Bullock
PS. BEING A MISSIONARY IS THE BEST!


No comments:

Post a Comment