Sunday, July 21, 2013

July 17, 2013 We're having a Heatwave!

Good morning :)

This week has been HOT. And really humid. But very awesome at the same time! The Lord has truly blessed us in several ways :) From food, to solid contacts, to straight up miracles. Let's start with food! 

We are being fed SO much by our ward! It's great for our budget... Not so great for our waistlines, haha. But still a huge blessing :) Every dinner we've gone to has sent us home with left overs. We haven't had to buy more than milk and bread for the past 2 p-days. It has been awesome! And, an extra special treat for Sister Croese- We were fed a Dutch dish :) She was so excited! [There is a guy in our ward that served in the Netherlands, so he speaks Dutch with her every chance he gets, and made her Dutch food. She was in Heaven!]

Solid contacts is a bit of a longer story. It all starts with a car... Or the lack of a car. Because our cars are not actually ours, but the missions, we are supposed to take care of them. But there had been 7 accidents in 2 weeks! So the mission president along with the head car guy decided that we needed to have a "car fast". Which meant no use of the car for 2 days! In the middle of the summer. In the middle of a heat wave. It. Was. Awesome. We were able to talk to 175 people in those 2 days because we were out and about with them. We were on metro trains, on the bus, and on the streets (trying to get to places and appointments), so we had so many opportunities to talk to people! One of my favorites was on a bus. This girl was so sweet, haha. She saw the Book of Mormon is Sister Croese's hand and asked, "Are you a Mormon?" Sister Croese, "...Yes" "Can you tell me about it??" '... ... Yes!" Oh my goodness, it was funny. It was shocking to actually have someone want to talk about religion... And actually listen to what we had to say :) It was also fun to watch Sister Croese light up! But, since our area is essentially half the mission, it is not practical or efficient to do this everyday (plus, I don't think my feet could handle it...) Great experience though!

Straight up miracles... There have been a lot of them. But my favorite was from the Visitors Center this week. Heavenly Father sent me an angel! Not but really, he sent me a member who randomly came in, walked past the greeting sister, sat next to me and shared the scripture that I really needed right at that moment (D&C 84:80).[ 80 And any man that shall go and preach this agospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue bfaithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a chair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst.]
It was amazing! I know I'm supposed to be the one doing that for the member, but it was nice to see that Heavenly Father still takes care of those who are charged with the care of others :) Also, Heavenly Father gave us a lot of unexpected people at church this Sunday! It was great! We are teaching them now :) Hooray for investigators!
 Okay... Really it's only one new investigator, but it's still better than what we had! I'll keep you updated on that progress :) 

Also! Another miracle! Aunt Sheree sent me a skirt and a sweater. And they both fit perfectly! And they were just in time because I really didn't want to wear my old clothes anymore, haha. (Thank you Aunt Sheree! I love the skirt! You are a great guesser of size! It's perfect!)

Can I just say how much I love my companion? She's pretty much one of best companions ever :) We get along so well, and think so much alike... In some ways. But she's bringing life back into my mission and I love it! 6 more weeks of awesomeness? Yes, please!

I love life, I love my mission, I love my companion, I love this gospel, but most importantly, I love my Savior. And I know He loves me, too! I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve- To help others know that they are loved with a love that cannot be produced on this Earth... It's much greater than that! 
I love and miss you all! Thank you for your support! I'll see you soon!
Love, Sister Bullock

Bags full of water balloons for a zone activity

Dinner with Jocelyn

A card Sister Bullock made for Sister Croese's relatives

No comments:

Post a Comment