Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year! Letter dated December 30, 2013

December 30, 2013


Happy New Year!!
Just a tad early for that greeting, but I thought it would still be fitting :) Can you believe 2013 is over?? I still mes sup with writing 2012 on my papers! Tomorrow can't be the last day of 2013! It just can't! Well, it's been a great week and I can't wait to tell you about it!
·  12 days: So last week, I told you about how we did the 12-days-of-Christmas for a family in our ward, right? And I told you about the old man whistling? Welp, Monday after emails, we went and left another gift for that family... And I was the runner again. Guess who was outside sitting in his truck? The same old man, haha. This time he didn't whistle at me though. He just called out, "Hello again, sweetheart!" I just smiled, waved, and kept running. Also, I don't know if the family liked our gifts or not. We didn't reveal ourselves to them like we had planned. (But honestly, I like it better that way.) 'twas fun. Maybe a tradition that I'll keep up next Christmas?
·  Christmas Eve: SO MUCH FUN. This was the night of the sisters performance :) It was wonderful. The second performance was definitely better than the first, but that's normal. We had full houses on both shows which made us feel good :) haha. (And yes, it was recorded, but you probably won't see it until I get home! Sorry!) Then, after we closed the VC, we had a VC Sister party! We came, ate food, took lots of pictures, played a lot of games, and the senior couples told us Christmas stories, and Elder and Sister Eyring played wonderful music for us :) It was a great party! AND. The senior couples really spoiled us! They gave each of us a stocking that was filled to the brim, a gift card to Macy's, and gift card to Cafe Rio, and a beautiful bracelet! (And lot's of snacks and goodies of course.) It was wonderful. We didn't get home until close to 12:30am, but it was worth it. I'm really going to miss spending Christmas Eve with a bunch of missionaries like that. It will probably never happen again. Sad day!
·  Christmas day: EARLY morning, but it was totally worth it :) We met at the VC at 9, the sisters redid our performance for the Elders (Somewhat awkward to dance in front of your colleagues...), we gave President and Sister Cooke their gifts (a beautiful picture of the DC temple, and a Washington Nationals jersey with the number 13 on it that all of us had signed), and then we watched Monster University! It was so cute! Not very Christmas-y, but I loved it :) From there, we went over to the stake center to have our delicious lunch and the variety show!! THE ELDERS DID SO WELL WITH THEIR NUTCRACKER! It was hilarious!! People loved it :) I was so proud of them! The video will be up on facebook after my mission. Keep an eye out for it ;)
·  Festival: This week has been a great week for the Festival of Lights!  We have been averaging 19 referrals sent a night!! It has been packed every night and we've had multiple surprise 3rd shows! This week was not even close to this busy last year! This year is amazing!! I love Festival of Lights! Love it, love it, love it!! I love being a missionary! I love being a Sister missionary because I can work at the Festival of Lights! Life is just golden! I'm so sad that there are only 3 nights left :( tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday! Super sad :( But oh well, maybe I'll come visit next year? Or some year? I don't know.
·  New Year: http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=910930409001 (watch it!)
Sorry it's so short! I guess that's what happens when you cal your family on Christmas :) I love you all! I hope you have a wonderful week! catch you again on Monday :)

Love, Sister Bullock









No comments:

Post a Comment