Saturday, December 21, 2013

Festival of Lights Letter dated Dec 16, 2013



Hi :)
I don't even know what to say in this email... Nothing has happened, yet so much has happened. It's so weird!
·  FESTIVAL: I LOVE FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS! I love it so much! Last night was crazy! Jenny Oaks Baker performed 3 shows and brought almost 5,000 people (4,782 to be exact) into the Visitors' Center... And they were all there at the same time. Pretty much. I LOVED IT. I love nights where you can barely walk in the VC. It's so much fun! And the best part of it is how happy and nice people are!  They are all just trying to have the Christmas spirit with them, so they are much more patient and understanding... And they do what is asked of them :) I organized the lines last night (we had 3 ginormous lines going all night long). It was so fun. Seriously. I can't even tell you how much I loved last night. It was great. And the best part is, it's happening again tonight! Jenny is coming back to play 3 more shows tonight! YAY.
·  Sister Holland: We had a good talk last night on the long drive home about some different things. Mostly about her homesickness. I don't really know how to help her? I've never really been homesick, and I've never had a homesick companion before. So we're both figuring this out together. Hopefully I'm able to help her. Especially now that we're closer to Christmas... That's just going to make it worse. Please keep her in your prayers :) That would be much appreciated! Thank you!
·  Old: I refuse to tell anybody how long I've been out now. I hate hearing, "Oh, so you're just about done and ready to head home then!" It's the worst sentence in the world. So now I tell them that I've been out for "around a year". I'm now contemplating reciting "My Mission Commission" (a recitation we do here) any time someone asks me about home. I can't get distracted!!  I still have work to do!
·  Mother Nature: She must be having serious mood swings because our weather won't make up it's mind. One day it's 50 and the next it's 24. I don't like winter! Haha :)
·  Jessie: MY DEAREST, DARLING BESTEST FRIEND! Happy birthday, my love! Sister Holland and I ate some cake just for you last night :) I hope you had a wonderful birthday, and enjoyed having Conrad there to celebrate with you!! Love you!
·  Christmas Eve: My dance for Christmas Eve? Yeah, I still don't know what I'm doing. I'm seriously considering just going out there and improving. I'm only dancing a little bit anyway, not the whole song. So it could work. I'll let you know how that works out...
·  Christmas day: So I'm not quite sure yet how we are going to communicate this year. We ARE allowed to Skype, but we have to use our members to do it. Which is fine, but our area is quite far from the VC and so if we were to go home after the mission Christmas party to Skype, only one of us would get to talk before we had to go back to the VC. So we need to see if there is a member that has the equipment to have both of us Skyping at the same time. If not, I told Sister Holland that she would be the one to Skype (since she's the homesick one and I'll see you in like 9 weeks). But we'll figure it out and get the time to you on Monday. I hope that isn't too late for you. Ps. In case we can Skype, I need my Skype account info... And your info. Because I don't remember it at all. Thank you!
Well, that is a pretty lame letter.... But it's all I have for you this week. SORRY. I'll do better next week! Promise! I love you and miss you all! Thank you for your love and support! You're the best!!

Love, Sister Bullock
Sisters singing at the lighting of Festival of lights

Washington DC North Mission Dec 2013...Can you spot Sister Bullock?


No comments:

Post a Comment