Saturday, May 25, 2013

Kelsey's letter May 22, 2013



Hi everyone!!
This week has been... Well, honestly a little rough. But, now that we've hit rock bottom, it can only get better! ...Right?

Alright, investigator updates! Jordan is still floating around in VA somewhere, but he called us the other day and told us he was going to Utah to visit his new Mormon girl girlfriend. Aaaaand that he's getting baptized out there because that's what she wants. Not a big deal. Just weird. At first we weren't sure he could do it, but we'll make it work somehow. But, we are still the ones to teach him... Since he's floating around and doesn't have a real place of residence for the next 3ish weeks, we teach him, someone in Utah interviews and baptizes him, and then someone here confirms him, and then he'll probably be going to Kentucky for work. This kid is all over the place!

Next, Jocelyn. She was solid for baptism on the 2nd of June... Until she didn't get the job and now she has to move back to Idaho. Not cool :( Her parents are super against her getting baptized, so that might be a challenge since she'll be living with them... But she's still going to be baptized. But again, we won't be there for it. Oh well. She so sweet.

So that's our area. We currently have 0 investigators (I'm not sure what Jordan is...?). So we'll be finding a lot. Hopefully we'll be teaching some, too. We just need to have faith! faith to find along with a lot of creative ideas! Anyone know where the young single adults are hiding? ;)
Despite everything that's going on, I love being a missionary. I love having people stare at my name tag. I love being in DC. I love being on the Lords side. I love... Being a missionary. I really don't know how to describe it. If you're thinking of going on a mission- Just go. Stop thinking. Just go. You will never, ever regret it! You'll have weeks like this one, and you'll still be the happiest you've ever been!

Oh, fun story! Last night, I had dinner right next to the White House. Yep, the White House is in my area. Cool, eh? I love being in the DC area! This is what I wanted to do when I got my call- Live and work in DC! Forget Maryland ;) And the Washington Ballet is in my area. I totally want to go there! The only down side of living in DC is how expensive everything is. I thought other areas were bad... It's completely worse here! So prices, and driving: No bueno. Everything else: the best!
 
It's super hot and humid out here now. I hear it only gets worse. I was talking to my district leader today at zone activity... He said they had to go home 3 times yesterday to change because they soaked their suits in sweat (they're on bikes). Gross, right? Bring on the nastiness!
Okay, I have a couple of shout-outs really fast.

1. Aunt Sheree! Thank you for the amazing box of May celebrations :) Sister Smith and I have fun with it everyday!

2. Sister Wong!!! I miss you so much! Sister Wankier and I went on exchanges the other day (she came to DC 2), and we pretty much just talked about you the whole time! I hear you're going to Mexico? What?


Ether 12:4.
 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with asurety bhope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which chope cometh of dfaith, maketh an eanchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in fgood works, being led to gglorify God.
Remember to have HOPE. Everything looks a little better with hope and faith.
I love you and miss you all! Thank you for everything you do for me! 
Love, Sister Bullock    

Sunrise in DC May 2013

DC Temple May 2013

DC Temple May 2013

Sister Smith and Sister Bullock May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment