Saturday, May 18, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! Letter May 15, 2013



May 15, 2013
Hey! Happy Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!
Okay, since Sunday was Mother's Day today's email is going to be different! It's story time! :)
1. So this one time, it was really windy outside and Sister Smith wore the wrong skirt for walking around outside to talk to people. So when we got into the elevator that night, there was another woman there with us and she made a comment about how windy it had been that day. And Sister Smith just blurts out, "Yeah, and my skirt kept flying up!" this woman paused for like a second and then just laughed. Loudly. It was one of the most sincere laughs I've heard in a long time! Then the elevator doors opened and the woman walked out, and poor Sister Smith whispered, "I don't know why I thought that was something that I needed to share..." Maybe that's not that funny for you, but it was hilarious to me!

2. So this one time, I spent the day in a stake across the mission, tracting with youth from that stake. It was really fun, and the girls were super awesome. But we talked to this one lady. Well, we kind of talked to her. We knocked on her door and she answers in just her slip and a tank top (who answers the door like that?) and practically screams at us, "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! AND IT'S MY BROTHERS BIRTHDAY, TOO. I'M ON THE PHONE WITH HIM. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!" All 3 of us just kind of looked at her and didn't know what to say... So we just awkwardly stuttered out "Happy birthday?" and she shut the door on us. Haha, I forgot how fun tracting is!
3. So this one time, this one lady came into the Visitors Center. She was alone (which is odd), so I greeted her all cheerful and whatnot. And she proceeded to burst into sobs, and fell into my arms. I was so confused! I didn't know what to do or say! And neither did anyone else... They all just kind of stared at us. After a minute I tried to talk to her again and she just started to cry louder. And then! After like 3 minutes, she stood up, looked at me, and silently walked away as if nothing had happened. I was so confused!
4. So this one time Sister Smith and I were walking around on the streets of DC, trying to talk to people (that's pretty much all we do), and her allergies were horrible! poor thing looked so miserable! I mean, she could handle it, but she looked like her head could explode.  So I had this brilliant idea! I would use her allergies as an excuse to start a conversation! So I walk up to this guy on his bicycle and ask him, "Do you know a store close by where we can get allergy meds? My friend is basically dying over here." And he was like, "Oh yeah! There's a Walgreens just up the street." And he took off! Just rode off! It took me so off guard! I just watched him ride off. You should have seen Sister Smith laughing at me. :) Lesson learned: Don't try to talk to guys on bikes. Unless they are for sure sticking around for a while.
5. So this one time, I got super lost while driving in downtown DC. Like SUPER lost. I turned what should have been a 20 minutes trip into almost an hour trip... And the worst part is: I was using a GPS. It's those stupid 6-laned traffic circles! They confuse me! And you'd think they wouldn't be that bad since they're just a circle... But they are just pure evil. So now every time we approach a round-about downtown, Sister Smith asks me if I need help navigating the circle. I'm a natural blonde?
>BONUS< So this one time, Sister Smith and I went to FHE at the Barlow center with all the new BYU interns (the Barlow is just the building the church built to house and teach the interns in). And as we were leaving, this member (David) calls out, "Bye Sister Smith! Bye Kelsey!" Sister Smith and I just stopped dead in our tracks. I was like, "What did you just say??" And he seemed a little surprised himself and said, "Uh, bye Sister Bullock?" Then there was an awkward pause and Sister Smith and I just walked out of the building. How on Earth did he know my name?? I have no clue even to this day... It was weird but SO funny. Sister Smith and I laughed about it all the way home :)
I have a lot more stories. I just can't remember them all right now. but I know they exist! I'll try to think of more and include them in emails to come :) I love and miss you all so much! Thank you for everything you all do for me! I truly appreciate it! I really do! If there is ever anything I can do for you, please let me know!! Have a great week! Remember to do the little things :) *Alma 37:6
Alma 37:6
 Now ye may suppose that this is afoolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by bsmall and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
LOVE YOU!
<3 Sister Bullock
 
May 2013

DC Temple May 2013

Sister Bullock Singing at A Night of Music and Inspiration May 2013



1 comment:

  1. I love the stories! And the tulips and her hair - she looks beautiful (as always). Thanks for shaing :-)

    ReplyDelete