Friday, May 10, 2013

Hello from Downtown DC May 8, 2013


LOVE!
Love is the best word to describe everything I'm about to tell you! I love my companion, I love my area, I love my ward, I love my apartment/location, I love my investigators, I love being a missionary! I love everything!!!
So first, we're teaching this girl named Jocelyn. She's 20 and from Idaho! (Boise ish area) She's here interning for the house rep for Idaho (or something like that). She's really sweet! And she knows it's all true :) She's either getting baptized this Sunday, or the 19th. Probably the 19th :) But we're so excited for her :) And her boyfriend is on a mission right now, so he's pretty excited about all this, too. We're not quite sure about her date yet just because of her parents... They aren't too supportive of her baptism. She's going to do it anyway, we're just not sure exactly when yet. I'll keep you updated on that for sure :)

Then there is Jordan. Oh, Jordan. He's so funny. We met and started teaching him on Monday. He was a referral from the VC. Although he's only 20, he's had some trials in his life, and was starting to become angry with God. He felt punished for something, and was bitter about it. But as we met and talked to him, his whole attitude started to change. He was literally hungry for truth- You could see it in his eyes. It was so cool! Well, long story short, he's getting baptized on the 26th of May :) WE'RE SO EXCITED! Especially because I had the strong impression that he would be baptized this transfer before I even met him :) Just kind of neat.

But... Those are our only investigators right now, so we have to do a lot of finding. And we can't just tract (because it's really inefficient), so we have to just talk to YSA's on the street. I'm really not good at this at all. At all. Pretty much the worst. But, maybe that's why Heavenly Father put me here... To teach me how to find people. And I'm ready for the task!
Sister Smith is awesome. She's a great teacher and a great friend. And yes, she's related to Joseph Smith. Through his brother Hyrum. Cool, huh? Didn't think that would be the answer to that question did you? :) But she is! She's so sweet and works really hard! And she keeps me obedient... Not that I'm disobedient... She just helps me out. It's good. I love being with her :)
Oh, by the way, my ward is huge. over 300 single family homes. It's craziness. And everyone here is super successful! I don't get it. Here are these drop-dead-gorgeous girls who are successful and brilliant... And they're not married? What is wrong with men out here? (I was told to tell you: If you're looking for a wife, there are some great girls out here, haha.)

I love living in DC. I'm not like super downtown, but I am in the District. It's so cool! I love it! This is what I imagined when I got my call letter! There are so many awesome places around! I live just up the street from the National Zoo, and the Mall is the bottom of my area. Coolest area ever. I could live here again, I think. :) Driving downtown-downtown is kind of sketchy, but I'm sure I'll learn how to drive there soon enough.
The National Zoo
By the way! I discovered a new scripture that i just absolutely love :) Deuteronomy 31:6. You should probably go look that one up :) It's helped me out a lot this transfer. Just remember that you are a child of God. He knows you, He loves you, and He desires your happiness. He did not send you here to fail.
Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of a good acourage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the bLord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not cfail thee, nor dforsake thee.

I love you and miss you all. Thank you for all your love and support :)
OH! I almost forgot! HAPPY NO SOCKS DAY! (Thanks, Aunt Sheree. Love you!)
Love,
Sister Bullock
 

No comments:

Post a Comment