Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sister Bullock loves Bowie, MD!

February 20, 2013
I LOVE BOWIE!
I really, really do love Bowie! To answer your questions:
-The mission had our apartment picked out and ready for us to move in :) It's REALLY nice! We love it! And it's right next to the Baysox Stadium so that could be fun in a couple of months :)



-Sister Gros is great! She's an AWESOME missionary and is so faithful and a spiritual giant! I love her! Plus, we have a lot in common so that makes things super fun! Oh, and she worked in translations before
her mission, so her English is better than mine sometimes (and yes dad, my French is really poor, haha).









-My ward is HUGE. It used to be 1 ward, then was split, and now it's been put back together. I love the people though! They are so great, and they love to do missionary work (which makes my job a little bit easier)! They also love taking care of Sister Gros and I. Yesterday, we went to lunch with some members. But before lunch, they had us meet them at his office. Brother Smith is a Chiropractor and gave both of us an adjustment before lunch. It was nice and my back feels so much better now :)



-I would say Bowie is about the population of Idaho Falls, but spread waaaay out. It's a really large area.

Bowie, MD

-It takes us about 45 ish minutes to get to the temple from our house...I don't remember your other questions, so I'll just move on, haha :) So Thursday, Friday and Saturday last week were spent making a map of our area, making a car book, and making an area book. It was a lot of time and a lot of work, but well worth it. All of those things are essential to working in a brand new area! So it's been great! 

We also have a couple of investigators we're working with! There is Cheryl, who is in her late 50's and still acts like she's 20 and it's 1964 or something.  She's kind of a wild child :) But, we have high hopes for her! Then
there is Scott!! Scott is so awesome! He has a baptism date for March 10th! He's ready and prepared. He's been to church twice, participates in the classes, and has been to the Visitors Center with us! He's super cool!
 


Other than that, Sister Gros and I have been checking on a lot of less active members, active members and former investigators. We just want to get to know everyone around us as fast as possible! And it's been
wonderful! I love this area so much! I want to stay here for a loooong time :) It's so great!

 

My miracle of the week is still continuing. I've been getting headaches and migraines daily for the past couple of months. Usually they're pretty minor and I can work through them... But yesterday was just awful. I had this huge migraine, I was seeing stars and all, but we had things that needed to get done. So I prayed and asked Heavenly Father to remove the pain, or at least lessen it so I could work. And He did. The pain was there still, but He strengthened me so that I could work and help feed His sheep. Heavenly Father is so good to me :)



I love you and miss you all! Stay happy, healthy, and faithful. Don't forget to say your prayers and read your scriptures!!
Love, Sister Bullock



The sister gather to hear of the Visitor Center changes

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment