Sunday, February 10, 2013

Letter February 6, 2013



I LOVE DC!
We went to the city again today, and I must say I absolutely love DC. Everything about it! I included some of my favorite pictures from today :)




But anyway! This week has been a great week despite the fact that I was sick... Again. 3rd time in 4 weeks. Not cool. But, we still accomplished a lot! At church on Sunday, we had 3 recent converts, 6 less-actives and 2 investigators! That's a lot of people to watch out for, but it was so good! I loved having them all there! Also this week, we found 2 new investigators and put one on date for baptism! (Jessica- she's Micheal's friend!) We haven't been able to meet with Larry or Oscar in the past couple of weeks (which feels like an eternity in missionary time), but I'm hopeful they're doing well... I worry that when I leave the area, if Larry consistently being met with, he's going to be dropped. And it breaks my heart because he's so golden, just so hard to meet with! But it's all in the Lord's time and the Lord's hands.
Speaking of leaving, transfers are next week. I have no idea what will happen, but here's what I think (don't quote me on this, haha). I think I'm leaving White Oak, and Sister Lawrence will stay here to train one of the new missionaries. It's weird thinking that these meetings I'm having with my recent converts and investigators this week could be my last meetings with them. Kinda sad, but also kinda exciting! Onto the next new thing (maybe).

This week, I've discovered that I'm super impatient! So now I have something new to work on :) Any tips? Haha! The Lord is definitely showing me my weaknesses, so I just need the faith that He'll strengthen me! (And I know He will). Fun fact: Sometimes I want to stand on a box at the Metro Station and quote
 3 Nephi 5:13, "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among [this] people, that they may have everlasting life!" Think it would work? (Ha, yeah, I don't think so either...) So I just need to be patient, and seek out those who are truly seeking the Lord.

One more thing! John 14: 27-26 (yes, read them backwards... it makes more sense to me that way). That has been a big help and comfort to me this week.
   27 aPeace I leave with you, my bpeace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be ctroubled, neither let it be afraid.
26 But the aComforter, which is the bHoly Ghost, whom the Father will send in my cname, he shall dteach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I love you all! Thank you for your love and support!
Love, Sister Bullock

 

No comments:

Post a Comment