Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Letter dated January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014

Hello my beautiful readers :)
This week has again been a fun week. But, I feel like I still have nothing to write about! So we'll see what I can squeeze out today ;)
·  4 new investigators: This week, we found 4 new investigators! Do you know how great of a feeling that is? Heavenly Father has a hand in His work, and He is preparing people for us to teach! He has softened their hearts and opened their doors! Tracey, Baba, Theresa, and Chuck. They all have varying levels of interest and commitment, but they are all willing to let us teach them. It's really cool. I love being a missionary! It's seriously the best! The Lord has blessed us for sure this week! I hope it keeps up!
·  Sister Carcamo's birthday: Yesterday was Sister Carcamo's birthday :) She had a lot of fun! Sister Holland and I made a birthday sign for her and decorated her wall with it, and we paraded her around at church and at the Visitors Center :) We (Sister C and I) were able to give the coolest tour ever, and we just had fun! Then today, we were able to go over to a members house and Sister C got her hair braided all nicely and such :) It looks really cool. She also says thank you for all the birthday wishes!
·  It's supposed to snow tomorrow: Please imagine my face like this: -.-
·  I love the Visitors Center: I just love it.I can't even really describe it. I could tell you how it's beautiful, or how it's fun being so close to the temple. Or I could tell you about the neat exhibits we have and how fun they are to play with. Or I could tell you about the neat people that come in from all over the world. Or how different and special the spirit is just because we're on sacred temple grounds. Truth is, I want to tell you about the last one. Being so close to the temple and being on the grounds is so amazing! The spirit is always strong, always present, and I love it! I'm so grateful for my calling as a Visitors Center sister :)
·  New addictions: I am now addicted to jalapeno peppers and fruit juice. Not together, of course. But those are the 2 food items I crave the most now. In fact, I drank about 4 big bottles of fruit juice this week. I might need help :)
·  Why I love my mission: I love my mission because I get to help people change their lives. I get to  watch as they recognize the love that God has for them. I love my mission because I get to see the hand of God in all aspects of life! I get a small taste of the love that God has for us as His children. I feel so lucky, and so blessed to be a part of this work. I am proud to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. No matter how many people argue with me, tell me I'm wrong, or slam the door in my face, I know that Christ loves me. And I know that I have the truth. And I am so grateful for that :)
I love you all! Have a wonderful week and don't stop smiling!
Love, Sister Bullock
Sister Carcamo's wall :)

 For my father :)

 I... Have a problem.

Sister Bullock having dinner in the mission home with the January 2014 new arrivals

 Mom's note:  29 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment