Wednesday, January 15, 2014

90% Proselyting....Letter dated January 13, 2014



2-0-1-4  = 2014

January 13, 2014

HEY. This week has been pretty fun, but I spent way too much time playing around at the Mall today... So my email might be short... Again! (Don't hate me!)
·  90% proselyting: Being in my area more is completely awesome! I knew I liked proselyting a lot from when I was full-proselyting last February, but to be honest, I was nervous about being 90% proselyting this transfer. It scared me to bits, actually. But it turns out, I love it just like I loved being full-proselyting in Bowie! I love talking to people and being out with them. It's a whole other side of missionary work. I am so lucky to have the best of both missionary worlds (Visitors Center and Proselyting). Seriously, it makes my mission the coolest mission ever. The people on New Carrollton remind me a lot of the people in Detroit (well, maybe more Westland/Livonia). I almost feel at home here. I seriously love being a missionary!
Sisters Holland, Carcamo, and Bullock

·  Hermana Carcamo: She is the definition of cute! Go look up 'cute' in the dictionary. Her picture will be there. No but really, if you think of a definition for cute, she is the embodiment of it. She loves being a princess, she loves kitties, she loves pink, she love girly things, and fluffy things. Oh, and soft things. And flowers. She's kind of like a 9 year old trapped in a body of a (almost) 20 year old. But she knows how to work and she does it. Gets stuff done. That could be her fifth name. Fernanda Camila Gets-stuff-done Caramo Fenandez. I wish that really was part of her name . That would be cool. But anyway, she's from Chile. The very bottom island (named Line of Fire... but in Spanish) close to Antarctica. Penguins live there. Sounds like a really cool place to live. (No pun intended.) She took 2 semesters of English at BYU before her mission. She turns 20 on the 19th (Sunday). She's pretty awesome. I think I'll keep her around for the next 5 weeks.
·  Night of Music: Mom called me out on it, I did indeed participate in the Night of Music on Sunday. I'm sure stuff about it will be up on the mission blog soon. Me, Sister Holland and 2 Elders sang Come Thou Fount. It was pretty. The 4 of us actually sang it in sacrament meeting a few weeks ago, so it was fun to do it again. It's kind of fun that I've had the chance to develop a talent on my mission. Not that singing is a talent for me, but it's been fun to...Sing. Does that make any sense? I don't know. Still cool. The program was actually really nice though, Sister Eyring did a great job!
·  Visitors Center: I MISS BEING IN THE Visitors Center. One shift a week isn't enough. I know early I said I loved having more time, and I do, but I miss the Visitors Center. I miss being with the sisters, I miss having responsibility, and I miss meeting the people! I have met people from 89 different countries because of the Visitors Center. It's so stinking cool, I can't even get over it! I'm only there on Sunday nights now and it kills me a little bit, but Sunday nights are the best shift so it's okay, I guess. Again, I am truly so lucky and so blessed to have the call I have :)
·  Maria: Last night while working at the Visitors Center, I met this woman named Maria. She came in with her member friend. She had been meeting with missionaries, moved, met with new missionaries, then dropped. She felt rushed and pushed to be baptized. The thing is, Maria knows that the church is true, she just won't let herself recognize it. She's afraid. And as we were talking, Heavenly Father taught me something that I was able to share with her: Heavenly Father is going to let us fall sometimes, but He will never let us hit the ground. He will always catch us and support us. How cool is that realization? We only need to trust Him! Everything WILL be alright because Christ Atoned for us. Have faith- That is all we need to do (well, and repent and be baptized/take the sacrament, receive the Holy Ghost and put it all on repeat, but still!) The point is, we never have any need to fear. I love that! D&C6:36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
·  Hopes, dreams, and goals: This week, my hope, dream and goal is to make sure my companions know that they are my number one priority. I just feel like they need to be loved, and they need to know they are loved. So I'm going to be more patient and humble and meek. I'm going to smile and laugh more. I'll serve them in both word and deed. I tell you this so you can follow up with me next week! Haha, keep me accountable!
Alright, I think that it is for this week :) I love you all and I hope you have a great week! Love you!!!!

Love, Sister Bullock
Cleaning the chapel

Packages for Primary Children in New Carrollton

Name tags of the Sisters going home with Sister Bullock in February


"Love"  

Sisters Tuft, Clement, Nakatsuka, and Bullock "professional jumpers"
Sisters Natkatsuka,  Clement, Tuft, and Bullock's "death" picture.
 It's a tradition to take a "death" picture at the end of the mission.
Mom's note:  By the way....Kelsey will be home in 35 days!!!!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment