Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cherry Trees!! Letter dated April 10, 2013



 
Cherry blossoms!  April 10, 2013
Hello!
Summer has come to Bowie! We hit 95 yesterday, and 94 again today! Luckily it's not super humid yet, but it is REALLY hot. Also, we went to the city again today (oops...). This time the cherry blossoms were out!!! Yay! Although, we were still early. In a day or 2 they should be that pretty pink color, but for now they are still mostly white. But at least we saw them! It was my one and only chance to see them so I'm a happy camper today! We also discovered another pretty tree called the snowball tree. the blooms are as big as my head! (I'll try to send pictures today.)

Sisters Bullock and Lavrentyva with a snowball tree April 10, 2013
Sister Bullock with the cherry blossoms April 2013

The work in Bowie is great! We put our new investigator, Scott (#2), on date the other day! He'll be baptized on May 12th. I don't know if I'll be in Bowie for that, but I hope so :) We're still teaching Cheryl, but I'm getting to the point where I don't really know what to do with her anymore... She refuses to live certain commandments which means she can't be baptized... Which would normally mean that we would drop her, but she shows just enough progress every time we meet with her to keep holding on. So I don't know what we'll do. but I need to talk to Heavenly Father and figure it out. We are working with some less active families and part member families and they are really starting to open up and show us love! We're so excited! 

We're also getting some great service opportunities now! And service jobs mean wearing jeans... It's so weird!!! Jeans are weird. And I feel weird for thinking jeans are weird. I'm going to be so weird when i come home... (see jeans in above photos!)

Speaking of which! I only have 10 months left!! How in the world did that happen?? Way too weird! I'm not ready to come home yet! Nooooo! can I just stay in DC forever? ;)
Hmmmm, fun stories from this week!

Dad will like this one! Last Friday (the 5th) I mowed a lawn for the first time in my life! And I think I did a pretty good job! And I had a lot of fun doing it :)

Next! That Saturday, between conference sessions, some members took us out to sushi!! Oh my goodness I just about died happiness! It was the first time in close to 8 months that I had eaten sushi! So tasty :)


Which brings me to my next point: Conference!!! How good was conference this time around! So much about family and values and obedience!! A lot of the "celestial marriage" talks can be applied to being in a companionship so that was kind of fun! I LOVED President Uchtdorf's talk! And Elder Bednar's talk was so bold and straight forward! It was just like BOOM. I loved it! Elder Fallbella was hilarious and I loved his talk! Then all the talk about the "missionary wave" was fun to hear. Every time it was brought up, Sister Lavrentyeva and I just kind of looked at each other like, "that's us!!" It was a cool feeling!


But! I think that is all for today :) I love you all! Thank you for your support! (If you're waiting for a letter, be patient, it's coming!) [That means you, Geoff.]
I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!
Love, Sister Bullock

 

No comments:

Post a Comment