Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Letter January 9, 2013

Hello!
This week has been awesome and awful all at the same time! I love my trio! We laugh all the time and work really hard :) It's really the best! Sister Lawrence is hilarious! Today was "Islander Day" where all 3 of us dressed in authentic Pompeian skirts and learned to hula! It's been a fun day so far. Sister Wankier has one of the best laughs I've ever heard! And she is such a wonderful missionary! Sister Kaarma (her trainee) is one lucky Sister! Oh, by the way, Sister Kaarma will get here on the 16th :) We're so excited!

This week is the first time I've been sick on my mission :/ I thought I escaped Festival without catching the flu, but it hit me back on Friday. Saturday and Sunday I was basically out of commission (we worked at the Visitor Center those nights and I was sent to the sick room to sleep instead of work). But, luckily since I got my flu shot before coming on the mission, it wasn't too bad of a case :) I am on the mend and getting healthier everyday!

 


 

MICHAEL IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON SUNDAY!! We're so excited for him! After 8 months of lessons, he's finally taking that step forward! He's so ready for it and so excited about it! He knows he's ready and feels that now is the time :) I'm so proud of all the changes he's made in his life! He has come a loooong way! It's so incredible! It amazes me the things people will do to find truth in their lives. I love being am missionary!




Also, back during Festival, I decided to start keeping a miracle journal. Every night before bed, I write one miracle for the day. I didn't think anything would really come of it, I just thought that it would be something fun to read in the post-mission years. But I read it the other night and I realized just how many miracles happen a day without me even noticing. Our Heavenly father blesses us so much, and we don't even see it half the time! I am definitely making a new goal to recognize blessing and miracles everyday. I don't want to let any of them slip away unnoticed anymore. I want to be able to thank my Father in Heaven for ALL my blessings, not just a few of them.

OH! And I love hearing about how small of a world it is! I seem to find connections to everyone everywhere I go! Whether it's to me, or to someone I serve with! It's so funny! Keep the connections coming :)
I love you all! Thank you for your love and support! Stay strong and faithful in the gospel :)
*scripture of the day 2 Nephi 25:26 :)

 26 And we atalk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we bprophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our cchildren may know to what source they may look for a dremission of their sins.


Love, Sister Bullock
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment